Thursday, February 9, 2012

Sea Day - February 9th

View From Deck 6 - Conditions Have Improved
It’s Thursday morning, February 9th. Easter Island is approximately 1,400 miles northwest and we’re scheduled to arrive on time Saturday morning. The weather has been much better the past 24 hours – seas have laid down quite nice and folks are now starting to emerge from their cabins. We spent much of the day in our room playing board games & napping – many activities around the ship were canceled for the day – EXCEPT FOOD! I’ve lost one belt notch and working on the second – both of us need to cut back & start exercising, though we haven’t set a date yet! I hate to begin a new program in the middle of the week! After tiring of board games, I decided to reorganize our small living space – Cheryl knew it was time to leave the cabin because she knows how ridiculous I can get with details & such. Rearranging & moving furniture around can give you such a great feeling of renewal & freshness – unfortunately, we have no furniture to move around because it’s bolted to the floor – but if I COULD move it, I had a plan worked out! I packed all the winter cloths – long underwear, gloves & hats. THAT took about 5 minutes. We receive fresh flowers in our room every two weeks – I felt it was time to trim them a little – it wasn’t like gardening at home but it was exciting while it lasted. It doesn’t take long to clean & organize a space the size of a mini-van.

I was next on to the medicine cabinet & Cheryl’s makeup kit – geez, ladies sure carry a lot of small tools with them! Pencils, brushes, umpteen bottles of lotion, pins, needles – what a challenge! She returned to the room just in time – she appreciated my intent but gently encouraged me to find something else to organize! I’ll wait ‘till she leaves again – she needs help but doesn’t know it! The weather is such that I can once again sit on our balcony in a t-shirt, shorts & drink morning coffee. I’m still getting up at 4am – it’s so peaceful out here – nothing but ocean – no traffic reports, no noisy kids walking to school, just Cheryl snoring like a bulldozer through the glass (I can see the sheets flutter every time she takes a breath) – I KNOW what she’s doing! I’ll wake her around 6am & we’ll go upstairs for breakfast. Looking at the activity schedule for this morning, we have several options: 
  1. Early Morning Stretch
  2. Guided Meditation
  3. Mass
  4. Watercolors Class
  5. Windows on the Biblical World
  6. Sit & Be Fit
  7. Sit & Knit
  8. Pathway to Yoga
  9. Aqua Aerobics
  10. Custodians of the Sea Presentation
  11. Behind the Scenes Kitchen Tour
  12. Balloon Toss
  13. Ping Pong
  14. Acupuncture Seminar
  15. Mongolian BBQ
My recommendation for this morning:
  • First, breakfast buffet
  • Sit & Be Fit
  • Kitchen Tour
  • Balloon Toss
  • Lunch buffet
Do you see a trend here?!



No comments: